Happy Thursday! I hope you all had a great Halloween! Despite having tons of candy on hand, we only had about 10 trick-or-treaters come to our door last night, which means that:
* I inevitably snacked on way too much of it myself.
* My husband’s co-workers can look forward to lots of sugary goodness in the coming days.
As we now look ahead to November, I’m also throwing back to the past by linking up with Sunshine at Such Life in the Tropics to share an old photo, along with a few fun facts that relate. Since Halloween was just one day ago, and I also have a family trip to Hawaii coming up very soon, I thought the following picture from our honeymoon cruise a couple years ago would be especially fitting.
1) Our June 2010 honeymoon cruise around the Hawaiian islands marked my first time visiting any of them, and I'm especially excited to head back again, both this month in celebration of Stephen's parents' 40th anniversary and then again next summer, when his sister will be getting married on the Big Island. The Big Island and Kauai by far stood out as my favorite islands during the cruise.
2) This photo was taken the first night of our trip, when we had dinner at one of the ship's specialty restaurants, this particular one featuring an Asian-fusion theme. The restaurant staff told us it was one of their long-standing traditions to take a photo of each newlywed couple wearing this set of silly dragon masks. They also brought us a special honeymoon cake and gathered around to sing a rendition of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."
3) We came back to this same restaurant again another night of the trip, this time to visit its sushi bar. To this day, the sushi we ate that night is the best I have ever tasted! The second best was eaten at a little hole-in-the-wall place in my Southern California hometown, which is not coastal, but apparently still manages to attract some outstanding sushi chefs.
Want to join in the Throwback Thursday linkup? Grab the badge above, and have fun sharing!
The picture is adorable! It looks like a great time and great memories!ReplyDelete
Stop by our blog tomorrow and join in our Christmas Card exchange.
Also enter our giveaway for Crystal Stud Earrings if you haven't already.
Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights
Aww that picture is so cute! I really want to go back to H'awaii and haven't been to Kauai....some day!ReplyDelete
Chic 'n Cheap Living
That's a really sweet picture!ReplyDelete
Lol, great picture!ReplyDelete
What an awesome picture, love the theme!!! Wouldn't it be fun if they actually would let you keep those masks?!?!?ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining the Throwback!!!
What a sweet slice of memories!!! I love that photo! Heehee!ReplyDelete
This is adorable! What a cute tradition, and I'm glad that you guys participated!!!ReplyDelete
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights
the photo of you two is too cute and fun! hope you enjoy the weekend.ReplyDelete
Awesome way to celebrate!! And also I missed the trick or testers...my building had only hours from 3-6 and I got home from work At 6!!!ReplyDelete
Cute photo :) You're going to have such a great time in Hawaii. Returning to your honeymoon locale is the best :)ReplyDelete
We honeymooned on the Big Island, and it was magical. I can't wait to go back. I love your pictures. I love the dragon masks tradition!ReplyDelete
Love it! I too honeymooned in Hawaii and fell completely in love with the islands. I'm dying to go back one day soon! Would love it if you stopped by my blog. If you follow let me know and i'll follow back! xoxoReplyDelete
This so sweet !ReplyDelete
And those mask are so cool !!!
xoxo from Japan
What a great throwback and memory to share! You def. had such an amazing honeymoon!ReplyDelete
Aww What a fun photo, I remember this photo too when you blogged about your honeymoon and also shared it with AWS!! Yeah we didn't have many trick o' treaters either...could have been because of the storm. But my sisterinlaw came with her kids over the weekend and we gave the left overs to them, lol!!ReplyDelete
So great that you get to go back to Hawaii...that will be a really nice time to relax together. xoxo