Happy mid-week, everyone! Life around here has been pretty low-key lately, so today, I’m linking up with So What! Wednesday, which I recently stumbled upon over at From Match to Marriage. Here, a few things that have definitely got me saying “so what” this week.
So what if…
1) Stephen and I celebrated our second anniversary this Monday by going out for BBQ chicken pizza and margaritas at Fireflies, one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. It may not have been anything fancy, but sitting on the warm patio at sunset with a drink in my hand is always a win! The pretty purple flowers he brought home were a nice touch, too.
2) There are days I second guess myself and think the first draft of my novel totally sucks. But no matter what happens, it’s really all about the journey, the effort and the fact that I’m having fun bringing my characters and story to life.
3) I’m not losing weight or getting back in shape as quickly as I’d hoped before our trip out to California next week. But every day is a new opportunity to be healthier and work harder, right?
4) It took a few months longer than expected for my article highlighting this year's hottest wedding photography and videography trends to come out in Inspire Smart Success magazine. But who cares about the delay when honestly, I’m just thrilled and incredibly grateful to see my work published?
5) I’ve been slow to jump on the Instagram bandwagon. I’m finally starting to play around with the features and post pictures more often, so feel free to stop by @heather_28.
6) I squinted and ruined every one of the "anniversary pictures" we tried to take while visiting museums in Downtown DC over the weekend. At least I got some fun shots of National Geographic's Titanic exhibit and of the Capitol from the Newseum rooftop!
Well, that's my list for the moment. So far, what’s your biggest “so what” of the day?
Congratulations on your two-year anniversary! Time certainly flies. Congrats on also getting your article published. I'm still waiting to see if one I wrote last month will get picked up by any law publications. You must be so excited and proud.ReplyDelete
Also, I feel you on the diet pain! Last year I switched to this quasi-vegan diet and lost 10 pounds, no problems whatsoever. I gained about five back this Spring and am having the hardest time getting them off despite exercising a few times a week and sticking to a good diet. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to have faith that one week, my metabolism will get with the program.
I feel the whole weight situation! At 31...the winter hibernation belly pudge isn't coming off exaaaactly as quickly as it used to. But like you said...so what? The titanic exhibit at the museum looks great too!ReplyDelete
Happy 2nd Anniversary! We are the same way with our wedding anniversary, we just go out to dinner, just the two of us. It's low-key and we like it that way! We are hoping though, for our 10th anniversary to go back to our honeymoon spot! xoxoReplyDelete
Happy Anniversary!! I think it's nice to keep it low key sometimes.ReplyDelete
And as for your first draft, it's SUPPOSED to suck. That's why it's a first draft. I'm sure your book isn't as bad if you think, and even if it is, who cares? You'll revise. Read BIRD BY BIRD by Anne Lamott!
Congrats on getting your article published! I will follow you on Instagram. :)
Happy Anniversary!!! YAY! I love how you went out low-key; we prefer it that way, too. :o)ReplyDelete
My So WHAT?!
So what if just cook our anniversary dinner at home on Sunday...
Ooh so exiting...I will be looking up your article so fun!!! Lots of low key things going on but exciting nonetheless!!ReplyDelete
Happy Anniversary! As you know we just did dinner and a movie to celebrate ours. So long as you are together I think that's the most important thing.ReplyDelete
happy anniversary! so crazy how fast time goes. Congrats on the published article that's awesome!! and I'll look for you on instagram!ReplyDelete
Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a perfect date night to me. And I'm sure it is normal to second guess your writing. It will all come together!ReplyDelete
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a good time!ReplyDelete
Congrats on 2 years! I think it's sweet how you guys spend your anniversary!ReplyDelete
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
congratulations on two years of marriage!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your two year anniversary!!! I wonder if you might please consider letting me feature your wedding on a WW to celebrate this being your wedding month!?ReplyDelete
Congrats on 2 years!ReplyDelete
And I didn't know the article was finally published, yay you!!! :)
Happy belated 2 year anniversary and I hope you're having fun in California!ReplyDelete
Oh my I can imagine how hard it must be to write a novel, but I know you can do it!
Chic 'n Cheap Living
I'm so impressed that you are writing a novel! I started one about 5 years ago and got about 3/4 through but I just never knew how to finish it. I wonder if I will ever finish it?ReplyDelete
wishing you two a happy anniversary full of love and happiness today and for years to come.ReplyDelete