Happy Thursday! Today, I’m excited to join Diana and Tairalyn for their new weekly Five Things linkup, where bloggers can share any five things currently on their minds. Want to join in? Check out my five things below, share yours and then head on over to The World Around Her or Little Miss Mama to add your link and join the fun!
1. Now that it’s finally spring, I’m trying to get outside and exercise more often, even though it’s been tough getting back into it following months of lazy, out-of-shape lounging. During last weekend’s run, I barely made it a mile before wanting to stop and walk, but I guess something is better than nothing, right?
2. Last week, I was excited to get word that I’ve been selected for a new freelance writing opportunity with a women’s lifestyle site. I’ll make an official announcement and share my first post once it goes live, but for now, I’m just grateful for the upcoming opportunity, even though I’m at the same time disappointed that a fellow writing buddy who applied with me wasn’t accepted. Have you ever had an experience like that, where you got good news but a friend didn’t? It’s definitely sapped some of the joy out of the announcement, even though I know she’s genuinely happy for me.
3. My husband and I have been trying out a lot of new recipes lately, and last weekend we whipped up a tasty new addition that will definitely be a keeper in our house this spring and summer – kung pao salmon. Would you like to try it, too? Stay tuned for a recipe recap post next week!
4. Now that my husband and I have decided to stay here in the DC area for the foreseeable future, we’re looking forward to starting our house hunt during the mid-to-late summer. So far, we’ve gone to a couple seminars, put together an initial list outlining what we do and don’t want, and have also starting scoping out potential neighborhoods we like. The thought of making such a huge purchase still feels a bit daunting at times, but as we keep getting more of a solid feel for what we’re doing, it’s starting to get a lot more exciting, too!
5. If the weather is nice this weekend, we’re hoping to head to a Lao New Year Festival where we can enjoy some tasty eats, including the utter deliciousness that is crispy rice salad. Have you ever tried it before? Here's also wishing an early happy Easter to all who will be celebrating!