Happy Thursday! Today, I’m excited to join Diana and Tairalyn for their new weekly Five Things linkup, where bloggers can share any five things currently on their minds. Want to join in? Check out my five things below, share yours and then head on over to The World Around Her or Little Miss Mama to add your link and join the fun!
1. Now that it’s finally spring, I’m trying to get outside and exercise more often, even though it’s been tough getting back into it following months of lazy, out-of-shape lounging. During last weekend’s run, I barely made it a mile before wanting to stop and walk, but I guess something is better than nothing, right?
2. Last week, I was excited to get word that I’ve been selected for a new freelance writing opportunity with a women’s lifestyle site. I’ll make an official announcement and share my first post once it goes live, but for now, I’m just grateful for the upcoming opportunity, even though I’m at the same time disappointed that a fellow writing buddy who applied with me wasn’t accepted. Have you ever had an experience like that, where you got good news but a friend didn’t? It’s definitely sapped some of the joy out of the announcement, even though I know she’s genuinely happy for me.
3. My husband and I have been trying out a lot of new recipes lately, and last weekend we whipped up a tasty new addition that will definitely be a keeper in our house this spring and summer – kung pao salmon. Would you like to try it, too? Stay tuned for a recipe recap post next week!
4. Now that my husband and I have decided to stay here in the DC area for the foreseeable future, we’re looking forward to starting our house hunt during the mid-to-late summer. So far, we’ve gone to a couple seminars, put together an initial list outlining what we do and don’t want, and have also starting scoping out potential neighborhoods we like. The thought of making such a huge purchase still feels a bit daunting at times, but as we keep getting more of a solid feel for what we’re doing, it’s starting to get a lot more exciting, too!
5. If the weather is nice this weekend, we’re hoping to head to a Lao New Year Festival where we can enjoy some tasty eats, including the utter deliciousness that is crispy rice salad. Have you ever tried it before? Here's also wishing an early happy Easter to all who will be celebrating!
Congratulations on your new freelance gig! Can't wait to hear more about it.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Ghenet! I'm looking forward to getting started soon! :)Delete
Congrats on the writing opportunity! That's pretty exciting. I was just at a Thai new year celebration last weekend. Lots of fun (and food)!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Nali! I would love to go to a Thai festival, too!Delete
The extra daylight definitely help with getting outside and being more active! It was so gorgeous today that we all sat out in my parents backyard and the kids were so busy playing and being active. I loved it!!ReplyDelete
I agree! The extra daylight is a big help, along with the warming weather. Thanks for stopping by! :)Delete
Thanks for linking up Heather, I'm so excited to have friends join in! You are such a sweetheart and I can't wait to see your first post on the women's website ;) You guys go to the most exciting festivals, I hope you had a wonderful weekend, can't wait to hear all about it! xoxo PS, the salmon looks really good.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Diana! The festival was a lot of fun, and I'll be sharing more about it in my linkup post this week. :)Delete
congrats to you on the new writing gig!! happy easter. hope the weather turned out nicelyReplyDelete
Thanks, Elle! We had a nice warm weekend. I hope you had a good one, too!Delete
What neighborhoods are you thinking about? We grew up here and obviously bought the house in Alexandria so if you need any advice, or a good Realtor- I know a lot in the area!ReplyDelete
Thanks for offering us some advice, Kate! We are new to this and definitely need all the help we can get. I just sent you an email. :)Delete
THANK YOU for linking up in our five things post; you have no idea how much this warms my heart having 6 amazing bloggers link up in the first week we go live. Gives me goosebumps! THANK YOU!ReplyDelete
House hunting sounds fun! We started our journey 6 years ago and have been in our home 5 years -- still renovating, but none the less living in our very own home. LOVING IT. Good luck! One word of advise, know you will have to comprise one SOMETHING in your wish list don't search forever for the perfect house, get in and make it your perfect house.
Thanks for your advice, Tairalyn! We'll definitely keep that in mind as we begin our search. Even if we can't find a home that has every last thing on our list, I'm confident we can still find a home that we love and can make our own!Delete
I'm intrigued by the Lao food festival - let us know what you liked!ReplyDelete
Good luck on the house hunt! It sounds exciting!
Congratulations on the writing gig. It is a bummer your friend wasn't accepted but I hope you have a good experience with it!
Chic 'n Cheap Living
Thanks for your congratulations! I'm excited to get started. I'll be sharing a recap of the Lao Festival in my linkup this week, so stay tuned!Delete